We are pleased to provide you with some information that we hope will make your visit to Saunton Sands Hotel an enjoyable one, regardless of whether your life is affected in some way by a medical condition, any disability or impairment.
Everyone's needs are different and if you are concerned in any way that a particular aspect that you might be looking for is not covered below then please contact us.
Prior to your arrival
- Enquiries and reservations may be made by telephone, fax or email.
- Should you require a taxi from the Barnstaple Railway or Bus Station (30 minutes drive), we use a reliable company and would be able to book them on your behalf.
- Directions to the hotel can be found on our web site or we would be pleased to forward them to you by post.
On arrival at the hotel
- There is a drop off point, on a slight incline, at the main entrance to the hotel.
- There are two designated disabled parking spaces in the car park at the front of the hotel.
- Entrance to the front of the hotel is via steps or a ramp.
- Porterage is always available and luggage can be fetched from your car and delivered to your room.
- Reception desk is accessed from the main entrance by steps which have a central handrail or by a disabled lift.
- Floor is carpeted.
- Staff are available to assist with check in.
- All corridors are well lit and carpeted.
- The Restaurant and main lounge are on one level, on the lower ground floor, accessible from the main entrance by steep stairs or the lift.
- Any doors in these areas are on auto closures.
Toilets / Accessible Shower Room facilities
- There are two disabled toilets, one in the Saunton Suite, (Accessible by lift) and the second in Reception, opposite the main lift, on the ground floor.
- Accessible Shower Room facilities are available, accessed by a portable ramp, in the ladies changing rooms of the indoor swimming pool located on the ground floor. (Please enquire for more details)
- Ladies and Gentleman's toilets are available on the ground floor and lower ground floor, close to the Restaurant and Lounge.
- There is ample movable seating and there are chairs with or without arms available.
- There is background music in most areas. This can be adjusted if requested.
- Service is a mixture of full buffet and table service. Full waiter service is provided if required.
- Restaurant tables are laid with white table linen.
- There is a mixture of natural and artificial light in all areas.
- There are ninety-five rooms located over four floors with lift access to the three main floors.
- There are three apartments on ground floor level, "Surf" with two twin and one double bedded room has wet room facilities.
- We do not have fully adapted bathrooms but some are fitted with grab rails over the bath.
- There are telephones in all rooms.
- 24 hour room service is available.
- The indoor heated pool suite is on the ground floor and is accessed by steps or a portable ramp.
- Entry into the indoor pool is by six built in steps at one end with a hand rail the full length of these steps.
- The out door pool is accessed by steps.
- Access to the sea facing terrace is via the lounge area which has a slightly raised edge on the doorways.
- The patio itself is a flat paved surface with some moveable seating.
The following equipment is available (please reserve these when booking) or if you require other equipment not listed, please contact us and we will help to arrange hire.
- Wheel chair
- Bath seat
- High Chair
- Some bedrooms have mini bars, suitable for the storage of medication and the hotel will endeavour to allocate these on requests of this facility.
- The fire alarm is a high pitched siren and does not have flashing lights.
- Deaf guards linked to the addressable fire alarm system are available for those with impaired hearing.
- An evacuation procedure can be agreed with all guests on arrival, if required.
- Emergency evacuation plans are available in each room. Please make yourself familiar with them for your own safety.
- Service dogs (only) are welcome.
We have tried to be as accurate as possible in our Access Statement but are always willing to give further information on any aspect of the hotel if you have a particular query. If you require further assistance then please do not hesitate to contact us.